The first Bellator Kickboxing event is scheduled for April 16th, in Italy. The fights will be taped that night & air a week later following Bellator 153 on Spike TV.
Bellator just announced the rules & weight classes for the new kickboxing organization.
Following the standard MMA weight classes Bellator will launch with 8.
- Heavyweight: 265 pounds
- Light Heavyweight: 205 pounds
- Middleweight: 185 pounds
- Welterweight: 170 pounds
- Lightweight: 155 pounds
- Featherweight: 145 pounds
- Bantamweight: 135 pounds
- Flyweight: 125 pounds
Rules & Judging
Bellator Kickboxing will also follow a similar judging system. The will utilize the “10-Point-Must” scoring system, with the winner of a round getting 10 points and their opponent receiving nine points or less.
Kicks, punches, and spinning strikes are allowed except for elbows. Throws, takedowns, submission attempts, and striking a downed opponent are not allowed.
Fight Card for Bellator Kickboxing: Torino
- Middleweight Main Event: Melvin Manhoef (49-12) vs. Alexandru Negrea (8-2)
- 165-Pound: Mustapha Haida (37-3-3) vs. Karim Ghajji (95-12)
- Welterweight: Raymond Daniels (10-3) vs. TBA
- Flyweight: Denise Kielholtz (43-2) vs. TBA
- Bantamweight: Kevin Ross (30-9) vs. TBA