New women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate will defend her title for the first time against Amanda Nunes. The news was announced as part of “UFC Tonight” on FOX Sports 1.
Nunes last fought at UFC 196 in March, winning a decision over Valentina Shevchenko. Miesha Tate of course fought on the same card, securing the women’s bantamweight belt by choking Holly Holm unconscious.
With the addition, the latest UFC 200 card now includes:
- Champ Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz
- Champ Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes *
- Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar *
- Travis Browne vs. Cain Velasquez
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Johny Hendricks
- Derek Brunson vs. Gegard Mousasi
- Joe Lauzon vs. Diego Sanchez
- Takanori Gomi vs. Jim Miller
- Enrique Marin vs. Sage Northcutt